OSOM® Trichomonas Rapid Test - A rapid test for the detection of Trichomonas vaginalis
- ACCURATE: 83% sensitivity vs. culture; 95% agreement with culture and wet mount combined
- FAST: Results in 10 minutes or less
- FLEXIBLE: Contains patient instructions to allow self-collection of sample
- OBJECTIVE: Detects the antigen; removes uncertainty associated with live organism instability
- TRAINING: Online training and certification; www.osomtraining.com
- CUSTOM CARE: Technical support staffed with certified medical technologists
THERE ARE A NUMBER OF COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH A TRICHOMONAS INFECTION, EACH OF WHICH CARRIES SIGNIFICANT HEALTH, SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC COSTS.
TRICHOMONAS VAGINALIS is estimated to be the most common, curable, non-viral sexually transmitted infection. It is a motile parasite, approximately the size of a white blood cell, and is estimated to cause 20% of vaginitis complaints. Historically thought of as a nuisance infection, it can have serious health implications and has been largely under diagnosed and under treated.
ACCURATE RESULTS WHILE THE PATIENT WAITS - A PATH TO BETTER PATIENT CARE. In a recent independent study, the sensitivity and specificity were 100% and 99.6% for the OSOM® test when compared to culture. In the same study, when using NAAT as the reference standard, the sensitivity was 95.5%.The ability of the OSOM® Trichomonas Rapid Test to accurately, quickly and cost еffectively diagnose Trichomonas offers significant benefits to the patient and clinician alike: